Standing out from the crowd, let’s see what to look for...
Having reviewed and written a few IM’s myself, these are offer document sets that I know are key for positioning a business as a market leader for new investment. With increasing compliance requirements and calls for transparency by regulators of the NZ financial markets, let’s work together to make sure that the offer complies and well-represents the business.
- Do the offer documents (i.e. SHAG & IM) read together?
- Is the offer misleading?
- Warning statements?
- Advertising rules?
- Is the offeror / issuer clearly identified?
- Considerations for the FMA, AML and IRD.
- Investor relations trained?
- Accountant proofed?
- Tax advice gained?
- Bank consented?
- Industry body endorsed?
- Ease of reading against comparable offers in the market.
- Is the offer clear?
- Is the investment process clear?
- Are risks explained?
- Are exits explained?